Parents in the workplace
Expert-led courses designed to help parents transition into and return from parental leave by supporting the health and wellbeing needs of parents.
Our GP-led parent and baby health sessions can help empower parents to take better control of their own and their baby/toddler’s health, reduce parental anxiety, and help them navigate the world of health.
It is well recognised that supporting parents during the transition of becoming a parent, be it first time or multiple times, will help employers show support, value and retain employees.
Survey of 2,000 parents by OnePoll. March 2014 commissioned by Nurofen for children
We focus on health for Carers looking after young and old. Our parent and baby health sessions are perfect for those expecting and those with children under 3.
Retention of new parents is a huge challenge for employers. The cost of rehiring and retraining is high. Offering new parents practical and relevant support during this transition is key.
We run a variety of courses for parents at different stages of parenthood.
For more information please get in touch
Corporate courses are designed to meet the employee/stage of parenthood. All courses are for women and men. This is usually: Pre-birth, younger baby (6 weeks to 6 months) and older baby/return to work session (6 months + to toddlers).
The length of session can be tailored to the organisation’s desires and needs but generally the format is:
- 3 x 45-60 minute onsite course
- 90 minute condensed course
- 3-3.5 hour/half day course
The content of each session will help your employees feel more confident, more knowledgeable and less anxious about their own and their baby’s health. By discussing health conditions parents and babies are LIKELY to face, employees will feel prepared for their parental leave and parenthood journey.
These sessions are the perfect place for employees to meet other parents facing the same challenges of ‘work and parenting’, and will be able to support each other within the organisation.
Covering around the time of delivery and the first few weeks of newborn life.
We will focus on birth and delivery from a medical point of view. Preparing parents for the physical, emotional and psychological health needs.
This course can be paired with a session from our Perinatal Psychiatrist as we wish to destigmatise, raise awareness and improve understanding of postnatal depression and other perinatal mental health issues in parents
- Practical and evidence-based information and discussion to help educate and prepare parents for their experience ahead.
- Common and serious illness in babies.
- When to worry?
- What is normal and abnormal in the newborn phase.
For parents of babies approximately 6 weeks to 6 months old
This can be run as a keep in touch day for those on parental leave
- Bringing parents back into the workplace is a powerful way of helping retain and include them.
- This session can be is reflective of experiences so far and looks at the future of younger baby and parent health during this phase.
RETURN TO WORK SESSION
- Pitched at employees returning to work after parental leave, OR for the partner of those returning.
- This stage of parenting presents a huge challenge for employees and the organisation. Absence levels are often high during the first year due to common childhood illnesses.
- We discuss how to manage them and what to look out for, and when to worry.
- With improved health understanding parents will feel much more prepared for returning to work, will feel less anxious, and feel more empowered to speak to others about any issues they are having.
- The peer-to peer support and employer support offered at this stage is a powerful way to retain new parents in the workplace.